Carers & Carers Direct
Are You a Carer? If you are please let us know – we may be able to help you.
If you are a carer under 40 you are eligible for an NHS Health Check. For more information please ask in reception or see ‘NHS Health Checks’ under Further Information.
There are many resources available for Carers locally, please see below for some useful links:-
• Princess Royal Trust for Carers
• Please see the Carers Directory from Hampshire County Council. This lists just a few of the resources and services available for carers in Hampshire.
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
• Caring for a parent
• Taking a break Caring for someone can be a full-time job, but it’s essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
• Housing and carers Do you know your tenancy rights as a carer? Are you aware of all your care at home options? Do you need tips on moving someone around the home?
• Finance and Law Help claiming benefits and tax credits for you and the person you care for, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
• Connect to Support Hampshire. Hampshire County Council can arrange a break for carers entitled the Take a Break Service which consists of respite for a few hours during the week. For more information go to www.connecttosupporthampshire.org.uk Or call 0300 555 1386 (calls cost no more than a standard nation rate call. Calls to 0300 numbers are included in the ‘free minutes’ included in phone contracts.